Hyaluronic Acid is such a key ingredient that really aids in healthy skin. It is a naturally occurring sugar molecule found in our skin. It retains water keeping our tissues hydrated and moist. Hyaluronic acid is used as an active ingredient in different skincare products that keep the skin moisturized, healthy, and plump.
To get a little technical and factual, the Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in our bodies can hold up to a thousand times its weight in moisture and water which helps in skin and join improvement. Another good thing about HA is that it prevents all that moisture and water from evaporating in the air since it locks it in. But just like collagen, elastin and other nutrients, HA production and retention in our body also decreases as we age. Thankfully there are a lot of ways and products that can help us with our HA production.
Of course, proper skincare and using the right type of products will go a long way. HA is a powerful humectant, when used with serums or creams or lotions it brings moisture directly to the surface of your skin and help in retaining it. As a topical product and used in the right formulation, HA skincare products can help the skin in appearing more dewy and younger because its main benefit is that it improves skin elasticity.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid on the skin
- Hyaluronic acid helps in making our skin more supple, smoother, and healthier.
- It keeps our skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Hyaluronic plays a key role in tissue regeneration and wound healing.
- It reduces the visibility of wrinkles on our skin thus it is used as an anti-aging component.
- It helps in skin tightening.
- It strengthens the protective barrier of our skin.
- Hyaluronic acid can reduce skin inflammation.
- It gives our skin a radiant look.
- It protects our skin from the dangerous UV rays of the sun.
- Hyaluronic acid can also be used as a lip filler.